Share this page
About the program
When a volunteer completes small tasks, within short periods of time without committing to an ongoing volunteer role, this is called microvolunteering. These tasks often contribute to a larger project or goal of an organization. Care & Connect: Micro-Volunteering Month increases volunteer opportunities for youth and makes it easier to quickly get involved with the community. Participants are encouraged to take part in various micro-volunteering activities, in- person or virtually, and connect with their communities to advocate, serve and engage.
How it works
1. Access the link in the right tab under ‘Actions’ for more information and to access
registration. Once you’ve registered, you’ll be sent a link and class code to the google classroom.
2. Once in the google classroom, you can explore and select from among the different activities
in the categories of Advocacy, Acts of Service and Community Engagement.
3. Get started! For most activities, you can choose to do it in a way that works for you, such as
visual art, writing or a video, and do it virtually or in-person. You can also choose to create your
own activity if it follows the guidelines listed in the classroom.
4. All submissions are made through the google classroom.
5. We’ll review your completed activity and award you points accordingly. Your points can be
converted into volunteer hours and you’ll also be entered into a draw for a chance to win a prize.
Why should I participate?
- Micro-volunteering tasks are often fun and educational and increase your community awareness!
- Collect community involve volunteer hours from the activities you complete and be entered in a draw for a chance to win a prize!
- Complete a minimum of 3 hours in activities to receive a certificate in recognition!