Share this page
About the program
BoardWalk is an intensive e-Learning program that trains aspiring community leaders from racialized and newcomer backgrounds with board and committee essentials to have the necessary skills and expertise to serve in leadership positions.
How it works
The program focuses on the essentials of board and committee leadership through a series of online learning sessions, discussion forums, and shadowing opportunities.
The e-learning modules cover:
- Benefits of being in a leadership position in a not-for-profit board
- What is a board and why is it significant?
- Role and responsibilities of a board member who provides strategic direction
- Fostering diversity in not-for-profit organizations and their boards
- Experiencing an actual not-for-profit board in action
- Connecting you meaningfully with board and committee volunteer positions
Why should I participate?
Graduates of the BoardWalk program are equipped with the necessary skills to they can apply their professional background and expertise in a meaningful way.
Through the BoardWalk program, you will learn:
- The role, responsibilities and etiquettes of boards
- Effective and strategic not-for-profit governance
- How to apply your skills to better your community
The program will also provide an opportunity for participants to get matched with organizations.
Registration is now closed. Use the action buttons to be added to a waitlist. For more information, please contact email@example.com