Volunteers are the backbone in supporting strong, healthy communities!
Volunteers read books to children.
Volunteers visit lonely or isolated seniors.
Volunteers teach English to new Canadian families.
Volunteers plant trees and flowers in our local parks and community gardens.
Volunteers coach local hockey, baseball, soccer and basketball teams.
Volunteers offer assistance to families dealing with mental or physical challenges.
Without volunteers...essential community services would simply no longer exist.
Right here in our own community of Peel Region, Volunteer MBC helps to build the capacity of community service organizations by sourcing and matching qualified volunteers to deliver their much needed programs and services.
Since 2008, we have been serving the Cities of Mississauga and Brampton, and the Town of Caledon by connecting individuals of all ages to meaningful volunteer opportunities that:
- help high school youth fulfill their 40 hours of community involvement by creating life-long experiences;
- help seniors remain connected with their community resulting in an increase to their overall health;
- help newcomers to build their resumes which provides a stepping stone to the job market;
- help post-secondary students in giving them the competitive edge to find employment;
- help families with instilling positive and caring values;
- help corporate groups with improving workforce morale, skill development, productivity, job satisfaction and employee retention.
In 2016, Volunteer MBC referred over 34,000 volunteers to close to 200 community service organizations across Peel Region. The result?
4.5 million volunteer hours which resulted in…
2,300 full time volunteer positions which resulted in…
a cost savings of more than $106 million dollars which resulted in...
books being read...visits being made...language skills being learned...fresh and clean air...
games being played...support being offered to those who need it.
As a registered non-profit charity (registration number 84792-0469-RR0001), we depend on funding from government, foundations and on generous donations from individuals like you to help us continue to promote and foster volunteerism within our community.
This is YOUR community. Together, with your financial support, we can continue to make a difference in the lives of those who need us.