Did you know...?
- 21% (11,975) of Caledon’s residents are youth between the ages 10 and 24.
- Caledon has 5,000 secondary students and by volunteering 40 hours each it could provide $2 million in free labour annually to the not-for-profit sector.
Youth ARE the future of our community and they CAN make a difference!
- It connects YOU to your community.
- You can make new friends.
- You can receive recognition for your efforts and contributions.
- You can explore a new career and learn job-related skills.
- You can discover your strengths, talents and interests in a practical environment.
- You can help to create safer and healthier schools.
- You gain personal satisfaction by helping others.
- You can build confidence and self-esteem.
- You can build communication and social skills.
- You can learn and develop your leadership skills.
- You can discover and apply your civic responsibility.
- You can better understand the role you play in strengthening your community.
- It can assist you with your future educational goals, such as scholarships.
- It gives you a voice to share your thoughts, your ideas and what is important to you.
- It provides a level playing field where everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
For more information on how you can become involved in your community, go to: