Volunteer MBC is pleased to offer an Older Adult Volunteer Program which provides a matching service for adults aged 55 and older. There are many benefits of volunteering to include:
- Volunteering helps maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Have fun, laugh and get to know new people.
- Short-term volunteer placements are available - sometimes help is needed for just one day!
- There are volunteer opportunities in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
- Take pride in sharing your knowledge, skills and experience with others.
- Community agencies benefit from mature volunteers who have patience and perspective and can take on roles requiring professionalism and responsibility.
- Volunteers often do office work, event planning, fundraising, caring for seniors, driving, communitee and Board work, community gardens and much more.
Retirement and volunteer go together!
How to Search For Volunteer Opportunities On-line:
We are pleased to introduce you to our on-line volunteer opportunities database!
The on-line database is a comprehensive, searchable tool for volunteers to use to search for roles that best fit your skill set, interests or passions. You can also create a profile in order to save your searches and specific personal information, which is completely private and safe.
To begin your search, click on the button below:
For more information about the Older Adult Volunteer Program, please contact us at:
- Phone: 905.238.2622
- Email: olderadult [at] volunteermbc.org